Autism Unbound Classroom Grant Program
Autism Unbound Classroom Grant Program Guidelines
- Applications must be received by Mylene Toledo by the 21st of each month in order to be considered for
the following month's grant cycle. We are unable to consider grant requests submitted between meetings of our
Board. Grants applications are not accepted during the month of July.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Please include your complete school address including zip
code, teacher/therapist contact information, website or catalog information for requested items, and item
or model numbers where applicable.
- Teachers, SLPs, OTs, APEs, itinerant teachers/therapists, and other professionals who service children
with autism are eligible to participate.
- If requesting software, please include the version/operating system.
- If requesting training material or books, please include the author/publisher/edition.
- Please include possible vendor or vendor website, price and volume discounts.
- Please include a description of how the requested items will enhance your work with students.
- Please include the number of students with autism you serve.
- Please do not submit requests for reimbursement unless your purchase was pre-approved by the Autism
- Teachers will be notified via email regarding the status of their grants. For this reason,
please double check to make sure your listed email is correct before submitting your application.
- Most requested items will be shipped directly to the applicant's school or office, with the exception
of certain items such as technological devices. If you have not received your items by the end of the month
in which your grant was approved, please contact Mylene Toledo at grants@AutismUnbound.org.
- When ALL of the items in your request have been received, please forward to us any invoices or receipts
that may be enclosed with your order.
- NOTE: All items purchased for the classroom or for the students on your caseload
(e.g. SLPs and OTs) is the property of Guilford County Schools or in the case of private schools
that individual school. It is not the property of the teacher or therapist that makes the request.
It should not be removed from the classroom or facility it was originally located without the express
permission of either Guilford County Schools or the private school where the items reside.
- At this time we are unable to provide funding for:
- Consumables such as food, gasoline, printer ink, or paper
- Field trip costs
- Furniture, unless it meets a specific therapeutic or academic purpose
- iPads or similar devices
- Apps for iPads and other mobile electronic devices